- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Confectioners’ sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; add alternately with buttermilk and beat well.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 70 minutes. Cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners’ sugar if desired.
1 slice: 285 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.